7/23/09

Theory of Machines SYLLABUS (Mechanical 3rd Semester)

Section-A
Basic Concepts: Kinematics and Dynamics of Machines, Mechanisms, Pairs, Inversions of slider crank chains, Degrees of freedom, Kutzbach's equation. Grubler criterion and Numerical problems. ¥elocity and Acceleration: Basic concepts of machines, link, Mechanism, Kinematic chain, relative motion of parts of mechanism, displacement, velocity, acceleration diagrams of all basic mechanisms including quick return motion mechanism. Advance problems on velocity diagrams (relative velocity method instantaneous centre method).

Section-B
Force analysis: Equati<;ns of equilibrium, Couple, equilibrium of three force and four force systems. Free body diagrams, Forces on slider crank mechanism, quick return mechanism &four-bar mechanism, slider crank mechanism with friction at turning pairs and numerical problems. ~; Kinematic ,Synthesis of Mechanisms: Movability, Chebyshev spacing of precision points, Two ~nd three position synthesis of Four- bar mechanism. Flywheel and Turning Moment Diagrams: Turning moment and crank effort diagrams for steam and I.C. Engine, dynamics of simple horizontal and vertical engine. Fluctuation of speed, co-efficient of fluctuation of speed and energy. Simple problems on turning moment diagrams. '

Section-C
Belts, Ropes and Chains: Materials, type of drive, idle pulley, intermediate of counter shaft pulley, angle and right angle drive, quarter turn drive, velocity ratio, crowning of pulleys, loose and fast pulleys, stepped or c.one pulleys, ratio of tensions on tight and slake of belts. Power transmitted by belts including consideration of creep and slip, centrifugal tension and its effect on power transmitted. Use of gravity idler, flat, V- belts and rope materials, Length of belt rope and chain drive types of chains.

Section-D
Friction: Efficiency of inclined plane, Friction in vee-threads, screw-jack, pivots and collars plate and cone-clutches, power lost in friction, friction circle and friction axis of a link. Brakes and Dynamometers: Types of brakes, principles of friction brakes, band, band and block and internal expanding shoe brakes, simple problems of these brakes, types of dynamometers, measurement of power by prone brake and rope brake dynamometers, Bevis-Gibson's flash light torsion dynamometer, belt transmission dynamometer. ' Governors: Functions, types and characteristics of governors, Watt, Porter ,and Proell governors. Hartnell and Wolson- Hartnell sprtng loaded governors. SiJIlple numerical problems on these governors. Sensitivity, .stability,isoc~rpnisl!l and)mntingof governors, governor effortal1d powercontroIiingfqrcecufVe;;~ffect sleeve friction

2 comments:

  1. Fігst οf аll I ωant tо say terrific blog!
    I had a quick quеstіοn in ωhіch I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I have had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there. I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Thanks!

    Also visit my web-site taxi irving tx
    My web site - irvingtxcabbie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This deѕіgn іs wicκed! Υou certainly know
    how to keep а геaԁer amuѕeԁ.
    Between your wit аnԁ your ѵideоs, I was almоst mοveԁ tо staгt mу own blog (well, almost.
    ..HaHa!) Greаt job. Ӏ rеаlly еnјoyed ωhat you had to ѕay, and mοгe than that, hоω you
    pгеsented it. Τoo coοl!

    Havе a look at my wеb sitе - seo firm dallas

    ReplyDelete